The 8th Annual conference of the Serbian Logistics Association was held on November 5th 2019 in luxury Hotel Crowne Plaza in Belgrade.
Main Topic of the Annual conference was
Serbian Logistics Association was a great host to more than 350 participants, which were listening, making conversation and exchanging opinions and experience wit lecturers. 8th Annual Conference of Logistics & Transport was made up of parallel sessions – Intralogistics & Transport, associated Academic Conference Sustainable Logistics 4.0. and 2nd International Logistics Fair LogExpo.
The beginning of the conference was marked by two important moments – the new President of the Serbian Logistics Association was introduced – Prof. Dr. Sanja Bojic, and the traditional, prestigious Award “Top Logistics Project” Winners for 2019 are Symphony Retail Ai as an implementer and Nelt Co., as a user of the logistics solution.
Serbian Logistics Association and Faculty of Technical Sciences has a long tradition of collaboration – so it wasn’t surprise that, after Prof.Dr. Milosav Georgijevic (Former President and now Honorable President of SLA) new president Prof.Dr. Bojic is professor at the same University and Faculty. In addition to the record number of participants, a record number of logistics solution suppliers was presented this year at the 2nd LogExpo International Logistics Fair, and the largest number of countries from which participants came.
The organizers of the conference this year reaffirmed their readiness to preserve the greatest values of this set of logistics professionals:
- increasing the number of visitors,
- diversifying the field of exhibitors,
- exchanging experience and information,
- positive energy,
- making new contacts
- finding practical solutions to problems that arise in practice.
This year’s organizational step forward was the fusion of business and science, which was enthusiastically welcomed on each side and, according to the participants, was exactly what was missing from the central logistics event of the region.
Conference such as the Annual Logistics&Transport (SLA) Conference must bring new information and experiences to the participants, as this enriches the practice and gives impetus to faster development in this highly innovative sector, which creates new jobs and encourages economic growth as a service. Such gatherings are held in all developed countries and by comparing the SLA conferences and the leading conferences in the world, it can be concluded that the SLA conferences are at the highest level.c growth as a service. Such gatherings are held in all developed countries and by comparing the SLA conferences and the leading conferences in the world, it can be concluded that the SLA conferences are at the highest level.
Two ladies – Prof.Dr. Sanja Bojic and MSc Branka Patic Macan – started the conference in front of the association, after them, within the introductory session, Predrag Zakula, solutions consultant, held a very inspirational lecture in front of Logit company. He shared knowledge of new technological advances that are being used globally to optimize storage processes with the attendees; Francesco Orzo, from the Austrian company LNConsult, approached the participants, often abstractly, with the theme: “How to design a warehouse that can meet the requirements of Logistics 4.0”; Stefan Fijala, Executive director of LTC, emphasized the importance of digital sales channels and their impact on logistics processes, while Bojan Cuk, project manager at Beologistika, gave a practical overview of the basics for Warehouse design 4.0, and presented ways in which, in practice, logistics processes should be redesigned.
After the introductory session, breakfast and coffee break, the conference day continued in parallel sessions – Intralogistics and Transport, as well as within 2 scientific sessions with the common theme Sustainable Logistics 4.0.
After the introductory part of the program, breakfast and coffee break, the conference day continued in parallel sessions – Intralogistics and Transport, as well as within 2 scientific sessions with the common theme Sustainable Logistics 4.0,
Within the INTRALOGISTICS session, 8 lectures were held, covering all its segments – from storage equipment, through hardware to inevitable software, which, in line with the Industrial Revolution 4.0, accounted for most of the conference day. The session was moderated by Prof. Dr. Milosav Georgijević
- Semi-automated storage solutions, Mihai Daraban, Dexion
- The role of post sales in logistics, Goran Radivojevic, Jungheinrich
- 3 steps to better stock management and higher profits, Rob Van Der Heiden, Slimstock
- Synergy in the Application of Different Software Solutions in Logistics, Zivan Savic, Veridix
- Dawn of a Digital Day: Moving from IoT to IoI (Internet of Intelligence), Jovan Popovic, Zebra Technologies
- Energy Saving Compass, Bojana Cicmil, Hörmann Serbia
- Digital manipulation of goods, Kristian-Renato Skovrlj, Modus Infinitum
- “Get Customers to Love Your Customer Service – How to Be More Efficient in Warehouse, and Improve Your Customer Service, Mario Baburić, Spica.
Even the TRANSPORT session did not set off the digital revolution, so software that found its place in this supply chain had primacy over other topics. This session was moderated by B.Sc. Slavoljub Jevtic.
- Supply chain game, Prof.dr. Stefan Lier, South Westphalia University of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Engineering and Economics, Meschede, Germany
- Save money in Logistics and go green with K. Hartwall products, Stefan Lindh, K. Hartwall Oy Ab
- Key innovations to maximize logistics efficiency, Alexander Horak, Gebrüder Weiss
- Smart API: How TIMOCOM Connects Systems through Interfaces, Ana Domanovic, TIMOCOM GmbH
- Examples of using Route Optimizer using MobTrack: 24, Milos Vojnovic, Mobile Solutions
- Transportation Management and Yard Management, Milan Ora, LOGNET
- Integrated Logistics Solutions, Aleksandar Jovanovic, Cycle doo
- Future with RouteHorizon, Nebojša Gvozdenović, Infora doo
Sustainability as one of the global topics of today has been an indispensable link between science and industry, and numerous lectures have been held within the scientific part of Sustainable Logistics 4.0
- Laszlo Sabo: LOGISTICS PROCESSES OF ENTERPRISES IN ZALA COUNTY
- Vojin Petrovic: TOWARDS MORE EFFECTIVE AND SUSTAINABLE PURCHASING OPERATIONS THROUGH PROCESS MODELLING
- Nikola Ilankovic: BASIC PRINCIPLES OF INDUSTRY 4.0 AS THE FOUNDATION FOR SMART FACTORIES AND DIGITAL SUPPLY NETWORKS
- Stefan Lier: TRANSFORMABLE DECENTRAL PRODUCTION FOR LOCAL ECONOMIES WITH BIO-BASED RESOURCES
- Anita Vasileva: FUTURE MODELS FOR USING GREEN LOGISTICS IN WAREHOUSES
- Fitim Kurti: COMPARISON OF BREEAM, LEED AND DGNB CERTIFICATION SYSTEM IN GREEN WAREHOUSING AS PART OF SUSTAINABLE LOGISTICS
- Branislav Stevanov: SIMULATION OF STORAGE PROCESSES SUPPORTED WITH BARCODE AND RFID TECHNOLOGY
- Dragana Radakovic: EVALUATION OF SELECTED MATERIAL FLOW SIMULATION SOFTWARE
- Nikola Ilankovic: THE LOGISTICAL APPROACH TO THE DESIGN OF TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS Dino Vales: THE LAST MILE LOGISTICS SOLUTIONS
- Sanja Bojic: CONTAINER TRANSPORT ROUTE OPTIMIZATION APPLICATION
- Drazen Zgaljic: FUNDING INSTRUMENTS AS A SUPORT TO THE SUSTAINABLE TRANSPORT DEVELOPMENT IN THE DANUBE BLACK SEA REGION
The conference day concluded with a great get-together with business-friendly conversations, a delicious lunch and a tour of all the exhibit booths.